Synopsis: Program #59 Capital Punishment – August 2011
While the conservative Christian community [the religious right] tends to be in favor of capital punishment, some Christian groups oppose the practice. What does the Bible say about the matter? If the Bible is ambiguous then we should err on the side of preserving the life of the murderer, but the Bible is very clear that failing to practice capital punishment is a very serious crime against the Lord and mankind. Program #59 covers the arguments for and against capital punishment along with explaining the application of the Old Testament law to New Testament times.
Leviticus 24:17; Numbers 35:31-33; Genesis 9:5-6, 16; Isaiah 24:1-5; Hosea 1:4; Deuteronomy 19:13-21; Revelation 6:10; 18:24; 16:6; Proverbs 21:15; Romans 1:32; Luke 6:35-37; Romans 13; Acts 25:11, 1 John 5:16; Matthew 5:38-42; Proverbs 28:5; Isaiah 1:21; Hosea 4:1; Romans 1:29; Romans 3:10-18; Mark 7:21; Revelation 9:21 21:8; 22:15; John 5:24
Use Brower Back Button to Return to the main page of GodandCountryRadio.org
Similar Programs on the Topic of Ethics
- #13 Honesty
- YouTube #80 Reparations – Justice or Injustice
- YouTube #29 - Who is to Blame?
- Radio Program #392 - Relativism & Lawlessness
- #255 The Lesser of Two Evils - Part 2
- #301 The Slaughter of the Canaanites
- YouTube #89 - Ukraine-Gate, The Blinding Power of Ideological Bias
- #48 Gambling
- #249 The Sabbath & Blue Laws
- #234 Christian Philosophy of Sports