Program #314 “Racism & Colossians 3:11” – 11-05-2017 – Synopsis
The program begins by reviewing some of the points made in last week’s program, particularly, how the Christian understanding of racism in America today is different from the view of the political left and right. The only solution to a people group trapped in crime and poverty is a spiritual transformation by the work of the Holy Spirit. Furthermore, compared to the destiny of Heaven or Hell, social inequities in this life are inconsequential. For this reason, the New Testament does not focus on social justice but personal conversion. When the tree is made good, it will bring forth good fruit.
The Christian view of racism is summed up in Paul’s words to the Colossians: “A renewal in which there is no distinction between Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave and freeman, but Christ is all, and in all.” (Col. 3:11). Just like our current day, the people in ancient times put their focus on racial and economic classes. However, the only difference between people that is important is whether or not one is a new creation in Christ.
In the words of commentator Herbert Carson, “All these petty distinctions are shown to be of no ultimate importance once it is seen that Christ is everything . . . in all His people whatever their race or background to say Christ is all, is to assert that He so dominates the whole order of being that persons and things have significance, not so much in their relation to each other, as in their relation to Him. In a world still bitterly divided by race, color, and social status, and in which the Church too easily succumbs to conventional attitudes, here is a truth which needs to be constantly recalled.”
I conclude with a declaration entitled “Critical Theory and the Unity of the Church” put out by a group called the Ecclesial Calvinist. This statement warns the church about the dangers of current Leftist racist ideology.
Scripture References: 2 Cor 5:17; 1 John 3:9; John 3; Deuteronomy 32:5, 30:6; 1 Corinthians 1:18; 1 Timothy 4:8; Romans 3:13; 1 Corinthians 7:22; Colossians 3:11
Similar Programs on the Topic of Racism
- Radio Program #455 - Confronting Leftist Evangelical Support for BLM Pt. 3
- #256 Black Lives Matter Exposed
- #350 The Accusation of Racism
- YouTube #126 – Confronting Leftist Evangelical Support for BLM - Pt. 2
- YouTube #35 The Accusation of Racism
- Radio Program #454 - Confronting Leftist Evangelical Support for BLM - Pt. 2
- YouTube #125 – Confronting Leftist Evangelical Support for BLM
- Radio Program #449 - The Corona Crisis Part 12 – Gone with the Wind
- YouTube #127 – Confronting Leftist Evangelical Support for BLM Pt. 3
- #155 Black America &The DNC