Synopsis: Program #69 “Heavy Burdens” 2-24-2013
As “religion instructs Americans in the art of being free (Tocqueville),” secular humanism instructs Americans in the art of bondage. Jesus exposed a common sin of unregenerate leadership when he said to the Lawyers, “Woe to you lawyers as well! For you weigh men down with burdens hard to bear, while you yourselves will not even touch the burdens with one of your fingers.” (Luke 11:46) It is remarkable that Jesus would specifically point out that when men do not walk with God, they will be prone to use their authority to put onerous laws on others. Luke 11:46 is most often applied to legalism in religion, but Jesus’ point was being applied to the political leaders of Israel. The surprise is that the liberal humanists, who talk all about freedom, actually become more oppressive than any Christian leadership. “Liberalism is the party of No.”
Scriptures Referenced: Luke 11:46, 22:28; 2 Chronicles 12:8; Galatians 5:1,13; Matthew 23:23-24, 11:28-30, 42
Similar Programs on the Topic of Economics
- #91 "NJ Bill A3371 Counseling LGBTQ minors"
- Radio Program #442 - The Corona Crisis Part 5 (Fear, ignorance, and Authoritarianism)
- YouTube #114 – The Corona Crisis Part 5 – Fear, ignorance, and Authoritarianism
- #32 T.S.A. Pat-Downs
- #20 The Deficit
- #71 "State of the Union Address"
- Radio Program #439 - The Corona Crisis Pt 2
- YouTube #19 Christianity & Tariffs
- #86 "IRS Corruption"
- Radio Program #445 - The Corona Crisis Pt. 8 – Printing Money