The popular conservative commentator, Ben Shapiro, has a new book explaining the rise and decline of the West. It deserves a review since it provides another great opportunity to explain what the good news is, in the light of what it is not. After covering the eschatological role of non-Christian conservative commentators, I get into the nitty gritty of Shapiro’s analysis of the philosophers and philosophies that contributed to the paganization of Western Culture – the return to darkness, superstition, idols and ignorance.
As one would expect, Shapiro reverts to the “Law” as the solution – specifically, the education of the Law. We have been there and done that! Jesus Christ came to offer a totally new and unexpected solution – The new birth, changing people from the inside out by the miraculous converting power of the Holy Spirit. We need new men not better educated sinners.
Scripture References: Matthew 23:15;Romans 1:16-17, 2:19,3:20,7:7; Galatians 3:24; 1 Corinthians 1:18-23; 1 John 4:5; John 3:19-20; 2 Thessalonians 2:7-8; Deuteronomy 11:19-21; Romans 1:16-17
Similar Programs on the Topic of Book Reviews
- #381 The Choice of Another Kingdom
- #137 The Release of Satan
- Radio Program #388 - Book Review - The Right Side of History
- #207 A Time for Truth
- #354 - Dennis Prager, The Rational Bible - Book Review
- YouTube #63 The Choice of Another Kingdom
- YouTube #79 - Liberty Defined
- #25 The 5000 Year Leap
- #359 Bk Review-Jordan Peterson-12 Rules
- YouTube #43 Bk Review-Jordan Peterson-12 Rules