Program #157 – “Supreme Court Refusal” –
11/02/2014 – Synopsis
October began with homosexuals being able to marry in 19 states. By October 6th, 35 states had legalized homosexual marriage. The tide has turned, and now the majority of states no longer prohibit same-sex marriage. Why the sudden change? Over the past year liberal judges have ruled that provisions in state constitutions which prohibited same-sex marriage are a violation of the U.S. Constitution.
On October 6th the Supreme Court announced it will not hear the states’ appeals to these cases. By not acting the Supreme Court is siding with these lower court rulings. The courts have once again overstepped their boundaries by reading into the U.S. Constitution moral positions which are not specified. Only three states have legalized homosexual marriage by the vote of the people; all others have been forced by the courts to sanction it.
Program #157 discusses the recent developments, the history of judicial activism, the legal arguments used to justify same-sex marriage, and what to expect in the days ahead.
Scriptures Referenced: Deuteronomy 1:17; Jeremiah 5:30-31; Zephaniah 3:1-4; Isaiah 5:20-21; Isaiah 3:10-11; Luke 22:53; Revelation 12:12; Psalm 34:7; Psalm 11:2-7; Proverbs 29:16; Psalm 64:2-10
Similar Programs on the Topic of Judiciary
- Radio Program #399 - The Shame of Pride Month
- #102 Why is the Church Silent about Same-sex Marriage
- #235 Jude Takes on LGBT Advocates
- YouTube #94 – As in the Days of Lot
- #245 Stonewall - A Monument to Evil
- #138 Romans Chapter One
- #16 Homosexuality
- YouTube #6 - Bill 3067 Transgender School Mandate
- Radio Program #419 - As in the Days of Lot
- #110 Employment Non-Discrimination Act - Program 2