Program #171 “SOTU 2015” 2/8/2015 – Synopsis
Program #171 is a critique of President Obama’s 2015 State of the Union Address. Like the rest of you, I heard the president’s speech and questioned his claim that “Tonight we turn the page, tonight after a breakthrough year for America, our economy is growing and creating jobs, our unemployment rate is lower, more kids are graduating, more people are insured, our combat mission is over.”
After spending a day dissecting the speech and fact-checking the claims, I was all the more alarmed. The speech was crafted to deliberately twist the truth and deceive the American people.
Rather than simply expose the lies of politicians, I use the President’s speech to remind the Christian community about the nature of deception. When only part of a story is told–even the true part–the truth is misrepresented, and, hence, the person is bearing false witness.
Christians should be knowledgeable enough to discern between truth and hot air. Because we live in a world dominated by lies, Christians, of all people, should not be gullible. Test the spirit, for many deceivers have gone out into the world. (1 John 4)
Scriptures Referenced: Exodus 20:16; Ephesians 5:6; 1 John 2:26; Luke 11:52; Matthew 15:14; Revelation 21:8, 22:5; Psalm 119:98-100
Similar Programs on the Topic of The Culture War
- #499 - The False Religion of "Wokeism"
- Radio Program #502 - The War Against Wokeism Continues
- #498 - Book Review - The Rise and Triumph of Modern Self
- #495 – The Biblical Explanation for what is happening
- Radio Program #433 - Trump and the Two Americas
- YouTube # 106 – Trump and the Two Americas
- Radio Program #466 – Can a Christian Vote Democrat?
- #295 Trump & the Media Narrative
- #317 The Texas Shooting
- #72 "Equality, Envy, Egalitarianism"