Rather than Biblical commentary on the new, this week’s program is a straight-up exposition of the Old Testament book of Habakkuk. The prophecy of Habakkuk is quite unique in the prophetic writings. Rather than a discourse against the sins of the people as usually found in the books of Jeremiah, Isaiah, etc, Habakkuk is about the prophet’s own personal angst over living among a sinful people. “Why do you make me see iniquity, and cause me to look on wickedness?” (Habakkuk 1:3). For this reason, the book of Habakkuk become a comfort to Christians today living in a sinful Nation. Habakkuk’s questions are our questions. God’s answers to Habakkuk are for us today.
Scripture references: Psalm 37; Isaiah 62:12; Psalm 44, 77; Jeremiah 12,24; Hebrews 12; Deuteronomy 30:19; Romans 1:17; Galatians 3:11
Similar Programs on the Topic of Bible Studies
- #293 2 Chronicles 7:14 Part 1
- YouTube #82 - Isaiah 33:22 The Lord is our King
- #506 - Seals, Trumpets & Bowls - Part 2
- 582 - I came not
- #337 Habakkuk's Question
- #554 (Video 217) Recognizing the Role of Satan
- YouTube #15 God's Wrath from the Day they Built it
- #534 (Video 198) – What is Wrong with these People?
- #35 The King Arrives
- 613 - The Social Significance of Genesis