Program #166 – “The Elijah Error” – 1/04/2015 – Synopsis
Program #166 is about the lesson God taught Elijah and the all-too-common mistake of assuming signs, wonders, proofs and miracles will change the culture. Elijah’s despair was due to his disappointment over not being able to save his nation from religious apostasy, moral decline, and the eventual judgment. Elijah made the theological blunder of assuming that the conversion of the nation was a function of the prophet’s prayers and dedication. But if Elijah could not win the nation, what was the purpose of his ministry? To encourage and save the 7,000 who would not bow the knee to Baal.
The Biblical truth in this program is crucial since many Christians today fall into Elijah’s error; and rather than finding correction through listening to the Bible, they have to learn through God’s school of hard knocks like Elijah.
Scriptures Referenced: 1 Kings 12:26-30, 1 Kings 16, 18-19; James 5:17
Similar Programs on the Topic of Political Activism
- #38 Conservative Talk Radio
- #98 Changing the Culture
- Radio Program #461 – Who are the Rioters?
- #284 The Benedict Option Heresy
- YouTube #3 The Benedict Option Heresy
- Radio Program #462 - In God We Trust, Not Trump
- #135 Secession from the Union
- #50 The Wisconsin Protests
- YouTube #135 – Who are the Rioters – Part 2
- #240 Boycotts