Program #140 “Bridgefest Address” – 7/6/2014 – Synopsis
Program #140 is the short devotional I gave last week at Bridgefest in Ocean Grove, NJ. It was a simple message of encouragement from Philippians 1:28, “In no way alarmed by your opponents—which is a sign of destruction for them, but of salvation for you, and that too, from God.” Point #1 is that Christians can use the headlines in the news to direct the unsaved toward the Kingdom of God. Point #2 is that even bad news and opposition furthers the spread of the Gospel. Paul’s teaching in Philippians chapter one is about how “his imprisonment has turned out for the greater progress of the Gospel.”
I was speaking with a number of Christian activists, and they all agreed that there is too much despair in the Christian community concerning the bad stuff happening in Washington
when, in fact, what we have before us is a great opportunity to share the truth of Christ.
Philippians 1; Hebrews 11:16; Acts 8:12, 19:8, 28:23,30; 2 Chronicles 12:8; Matthew 10:28; Luke 21:9; 1 Thessalonians 3:3; Revelation 2:10; 1 Corinthians 16:9; Luke 21:12-13; Psalm 37:1-2, 9, 10, 38; Psalm 73:18-19; Isaiah 41:10-12, 54:16-17; Psalm 2:1-4; Psalm 14:4-5
Similar Programs on the Topic of Christian Activism
- #130 Mr. Christian goes to Washington
- #181 Reviving America #1
- #102 Why is the Church Silent about Same-sex Marriage
- Radio Program #420 – Does Evangelical Support for Trump Damage the Gospel?
- #135 Secession from the Union
- YouTube #135 – Who are the Rioters – Part 2
- #218 Masada
- YouTube #3 The Benedict Option Heresy
- #100 Encouraging Those Who Grieve
- #84 "Building God's Country