Synopsis: Program #131 – 1/4/2014 “Standing to Serve”
Last week’s program was about the philosophy of running for office; this week discusses the mechanics. First, we need more Christians willing to serve on the civil government mission field because “the harvest is truly plentiful, but the laborers are few.” However, this is not a momentary decision; the Christian must prepare himself years in advance, having faith that God will use his preparation at the appointed time. The Church lacks not only willing servants but also qualified servants.
Preparation includes education, righteousness, and Christian virtues such as humility. Four problem people we run into are (1) Red Meat Hotheads, (2) Egotists, (3) The Uninformed, and (4) The Weak Kneed. Finally, all service to God takes more sacrifice in time and money than we could ever imagine. But regardless of the preparation, the providence of God is key. “The horse is prepared for the day of battle, but victory belongs to the Lord” (Proverbs 21:31).
Scripture References: Ezekiel 22:30; Isaiah 56:11; Jeremiah 5:1; 2 Timothy 4:16; Matthew 9:37-38; 1 Samuel 17; Daniel 1:17-20; 1 Corinthians 9:27; Luke 16:10; Matthew 25:21; Jeremiah 12:5; Psalm 75:6-7; Psalm 33:16-17
Similar Programs on the Topic of Christian Activism
- #38 Conservative Talk Radio
- YouTube #135 – Who are the Rioters – Part 2
- #238 You Will Be Made to Care - Book Review
- #84 "Building God's Country
- #218 Masada
- #302 AD 70 and the Zealots
- #334 When to Overthrow Government
- YouTube #95 – Does Evangelical Support for Trump Damage the Gospel?
- #96 Evangelical Pastors Civic Outreach
- #92 "Christian Activism & Prohibition"