Program #203 “The Truth about September” – 9/20/2015 – Synopsis
Certain prophetic teachers are claiming that the Gentile nations are subject to the Old Testament Law of the Shemitah (the seven-year sabbatical cycle). As there was a “shaking” of the nations in September of 2001 and 2008, there will be a “shaking” in 2015.
One proponent said the following:
The Shemitah is an ancient mystery, yet it is affecting everything from 911 to the rise and fall of the economy, to the crashing of the stock market, to the rise and fall of nations. Everything from WW1 to WW2, everything that is happening right now and what will happen, it is the most precise, mind boggling mystery and it is coming true now… The Shemitah holds the mystery of everything.
To unmask this false teaching, I put forth the following refutations:
1. In the Law of Moses the Shemitah is not a time when God does something significant in Israel, nor a time when God brings a “shaking.” (Acts 1:7; Leviticus 25:3-5, 8-10; Deuteronomy 15:1, 31:10; Exodus 21:2; 2 Chronicles 36:17; Ezekiel 20:12-13; Daniel 9)
2. The law of the Shemitah was never required of Gentile nations.
3. There is the setting aside of the Old Testament Law for the people of God. (Mark 7:19; Acts 10; Hebrews 8:13, 9:9,15; Acts 15:1, 28-28-29; Galatians 2:4-5, 5:1; Acts 21:28)
4. The New Testament is silent concerning the Shemitah. (Matthew 24:1-5, 15-16; 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4; 2 John 1:9; Acts 8:9,13:6-10; Ephesians 5:15; 1 John 4:1)
5. There is no correlation between national events and the Shemitah.
6. The Shemitah teaching is based on a false Judaistic method of interpreting Scripture. (Deuteronomy 29:29; Titus 1:4; 1 Timothy 1:6-7; Titus 1:9-10)