Program #253 “Government Schools – Why Do We Put Up With Them?” 9/4/2016 Synopsis
Governor Chris Christie recently made a proposal that school choice advocates have been shouting for decades: “Let the money follow the child.” The State of New Jersey spends annually 9 billion dollars to help fund local school districts. This is in addition to the money raised locally through property taxes. Of the 9 billion dollars, 5 billion go to 31 inner city school districts and only 4 billion go to the remaining 546 districts. If the money were divided equally among all students in New Jersey, each student would get $7,000, which is the typical cost of private Christian education.
The bottom line is that if education were privatized in New Jersey, we could eliminate all school property taxes. A property tax bill of $8,000/year would drop to $800.
So why do we put up with it? In this program I explain the spiritual reasons why “mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed” (The Declaration of Independence).
Scriptures Referenced: Luke 6:40; Colossians 2:8; Jeremiah 6:16, 18:11-12; Isaiah 28:12, 30:15; Matthew 23:37
Similar Programs on the Topic of Education
- #17 Government Schools
- YouTube #132 – The Back to School Program for 2020
- #116 Common Core
- #136 State U-The Church of Humanism
- YouTube #85 Free Godless College for Everyone
- #95Freedom from Public Schools
- #200 The War on School Choice
- #149 School Freedom Legislation
- Radio Program #410 Free Godless College for Everyone
- Radio Program #460 – The Back to School Program for 2020