Program #271 “The Amazing Books of Kings and Chronicles” 12/8/2017 – Synopsis
No other people group wrote a national spiritual history like the Jews. Rather than the rulers recording their own glowing legacy, the prophets of God wrote volumes excoriating the kings for their disobedience to God’s righteous standards. Something very special was going on in Israel. Either the Jews were religious/moral geniuses or they had supernatural guidance. Of course, we understand it was the latter.
After my series comparing Donald Trump to the Old Testament king Jehu, listeners responded with questions and comments about the current role of these historic books. Therefore, this program is an in-depth look at how Christians are to appreciate and use the books of Kings and Chronicles in discerning current events. At the conclusion of the program, I offer to my listeners a chronological chart of the kings of Southern Israel along with a short synopsis of each reign.
Scriptures Referenced: 2 Peter 1:21; Hebrews 1:1-2; 2 Samuel 8:14; 2 Kings 18-20; 1 Kings 14:19; 2 Chronicles 12:15; Jeremiah 2:13, 4:18, 6:16; Ezra 7:10; 2 Chronicles 36:14-17
Similar Programs on the Topic of Bible Studies
- #210 Judges, The Real Story
- #330 Continuing in the Way of Jeroboam
- YouTube #76 Explaining Imprecatory Psalms
- #216 The Reception of the Kingdom
- #293 2 Chronicles 7:14 Part 1
- #261 Shouted from the Roof Top
- Radio Program #398 “Explaining Imprecatory Psalms”
- #323 The Politics of Samuel
- YouTube #23 Habakkuk's Question
- #45 Egypt