Synopsis – Program #36 – December 26, 2010 – “The King Arrives”
The program focuses on the Kingship of Jesus, beginning with the prophecies that Jesus will be King of the World (Genesis 49:10; Daniel 2:44, 7:14; Psalm 2:6-8: Psalm 22:27-28; Psalm 86:9; Isaiah 2:2-4; Isaiah 9:6-7; Zechariah 14:9; Revelation 1:5, 17:14, 19:6)
The Reformers of the seventeenth century preached the social message that Jesus was to be literally and functional the King of the world and that every man and nation must submit to the law of Christ. That message has been lost in our day. Jesus said in John 18:36-37 that “His Kingdom is not of this World.” This statement does not negate all of the passage in the Old Testament that teach the Messiah is to be King. Jesus was teaching that His rule is not from any location on earth but from heaven.
The historical Christian teaching on the Kingship of Jesus is discussed along with the new message we are hearing from conservative leaders in politics, and from the pulpits, which says, Jesus is King, but no nation needs to acknowledge His name or submit to His sovereignty because religion is personal, and the state is to be non-religious.
Similar Programs on the Topic of Bible Studies
- #154 2 Samuel 24:1
- Radio Program #451 The Sons of Belial are Empowered
- YouTube #87 The Conversion of Nebuchadnezzar (and Trump?)
- YouTube #23 Habakkuk's Question
- YouTube #123 The Sons of Belial are Empowered
- #216 The Reception of the Kingdom
- #330 Continuing in the Way of Jeroboam
- #323 The Politics of Samuel
- #210 Judges, The Real Story
- Radio Program #412 The Conversion of Nebuchadnezzar (and Trump?)