In consideration of the upcoming State of the Union Address, this week’s program is a look into what a Biblical state of the nation address would look like. The examples God gives us are the messages of the Old Testament prophets. They were called of God to continually assess the condition of ancient Israel from God’s point of view. Rather than the typical partisan, political cheering (boasting in GDP
growth, tax revenue and consumer confidence), the prophets assessed what really mattered – the people’s obedience to God.
In this program, I discuss the general thrust of the prophet’s message: (1) What is happening? and (2) What God is going to do about it? This becomes a pattern for our ministry in this present age.
Scripture References: Isaiah 41:28; 1 Corinthians 10:11; 1 Thessalonians 1:8; Jeremiah 6:16-19; Isaiah 59; Jeremiah 7:28; Isaiah 64:7; Jeremiah 2:19; Isaiah 3:9; Isaiah 8:21-22, 9:2
Similar Programs on the Topic of Bible Studies
- #525 (Video 192) – Can America have a Revival? (Josiah’s Revival)
- #154 2 Samuel 24:1
- #520 (Video 187) – The Doctrine of Sin
- Radio Program #451 The Sons of Belial are Empowered
- YouTube #87 The Conversion of Nebuchadnezzar (and Trump?)
- #534 (Video 198) – What is Wrong with these People?
- #268 Jeremiah the Traitor
- YouTube #76 Explaining Imprecatory Psalms
- #216 The Reception of the Kingdom
- 570 (Video 230) Micah Series #3