An all too common sin, seen throughout Scriptures, is man looking himself for salvation. As in Jeremiah 17:5, trusting the arm of the flesh and turning away from God. Christians should understand this condition – that the people are looking for political solutions to their problems, rather than repenting and getting right with God. This is clearly seen in two cases: (1) Israel’s choice of Barabbas over Christ, (2) 1 Samuel 8-12, Israel’s asking for a new political system to fight the Ammonites (a king) rather than turning to God in repentance.
Similar Programs on the Topic of Bible Studies
- #45 Egypt
- #84 "Building God's Country
- Radio Program #482 – The Theology of Overthrowing Government
- YouTube #7 - 2 Chronicles 7:14
- #209 Nehemiah, The Real Story
- #293 2 Chronicles 7:14 Part 1
- Radio Program #387 - Psalm 2 - The Nations Rage
- #159 The Great Opportunity
- #271 The Amazing Kings & Chronicles
- #167 How Should the 7,000 Live?