An all too common sin, seen throughout Scriptures, is man looking himself for salvation. As in Jeremiah 17:5, trusting the arm of the flesh and turning away from God. Christians should understand this condition – that the people are looking for political solutions to their problems, rather than repenting and getting right with God. This is clearly seen in two cases: (1) Israel’s choice of Barabbas over Christ, (2) 1 Samuel 8-12, Israel’s asking for a new political system to fight the Ammonites (a king) rather than turning to God in repentance.
Similar Programs on the Topic of Bible Studies
- Radio Program #398 “Explaining Imprecatory Psalms”
- YouTube #87 The Conversion of Nebuchadnezzar (and Trump?)
- #218 Masada
- #83 Political Lessons from the Prophets"
- #327 The Foolish Shepherd
- #167 How Should the 7,000 Live?
- #209 Nehemiah, The Real Story
- YouTube #15 God's Wrath from the Day they Built it
- #323 The Politics of Samuel
- #159 The Great Opportunity