An all too common sin, seen throughout Scriptures, is man looking himself for salvation. As in Jeremiah 17:5, trusting the arm of the flesh and turning away from God. Christians should understand this condition – that the people are looking for political solutions to their problems, rather than repenting and getting right with God. This is clearly seen in two cases: (1) Israel’s choice of Barabbas over Christ, (2) 1 Samuel 8-12, Israel’s asking for a new political system to fight the Ammonites (a king) rather than turning to God in repentance.
Similar Programs on the Topic of Bible Studies
- YouTube #76 Explaining Imprecatory Psalms
- YouTube #16 Continuing in the Way of Jeroboam
- #280 The Syrian Refugee Crisis
- #35 The King Arrives
- #210 Judges, The Real Story
- #100 Encouraging Those Who Grieve
- #92 "Christian Activism & Prohibition"
- #102 Why is the Church Silent about Same-sex Marriage
- #114 The Freedom Rally
- #337 Habakkuk's Question