In a previous program called “The Missing Truth” I explained that, despite the counsel of our Founding Fathers, morality and religion cannot keep America right. Not only will natural man break through the Constitution as a “whale breaks through a net,” but natural man will also break through morality and religion. In this follow-up program, I discuss what the Bible says about people who are “moral” and “conservative” yet unsaved. Is there such a person? Can such people help to save America?
The Pharisees were the moral conservatives in Jesus’ day, yet Jesus said they were filled with all uncleanness. In the book of Romans, Paul addressed two classes – the immoral pagans and the moral pagans. His conclusion is that the moral pagans “practice the same thing as the immoral pagans. Outwardly, some people may act more moral than others, but we all contain the same seed of evil.
I conclude with some quotes from Gresham Machen’s classic book from the 1920s,
Christianity and Liberalism. The foundation of Liberalism is a Christless Gospel that rejects the supernaturalism of the New Birth. Most Conservatism today, being built on the same foundation, is actually the Liberalism of yesteryear.
Similar Programs on the Topic of Liberalism
- #308 The Way of Cain #3
- #342 The Unsaved Moral Conservative
- #272 Who are the Good Guys?
- #312 Way of Cain #6
- #85 "Shifting Blame, Shirking Responsibility"
- #223 Liberalism's Support for Islam Pt. 2
- Radio Program #411 - Postmodernism vs Free Speech
- The Foundations of Liberalism and Conservatism
- #222 Liberalism's Support for Islam
- YouTube #86 Postmodernism vs. Free Speech