#272 Who are the Good Guys?
Abridged Radio Program
Program #272 “Who are the Good Guys & Bad Guys” – 1/15/2017 – Synopsis
I am sure you have noticed that the liberals are deploring the Trump administration just like the conservatives deplored the Obama administration. This week’s program is a look at this strange phenomenon where the left thinks the right is evil and the right thinks the left is evil. This world is not simply a battle between good and evil; it is a battle over choosing what is good and evil.
For example, in the Star Wars series the empire thoroughly believes the rebels are evil, and the rebels thoroughly believe the empire is evil. In movies and novels the characterization of evil is straightforward; but in real life, it is much more subtle and deceiving.
Although this program deals with the obvious, in the words of George Orwell, “Sometimes the first duty of intelligent men is the restatement of the obvious.”
After explaining the problem, I begin with four provisos:
1. Realize that many people believe the conflict itself is the problem.
2. Be aware of how secularists try to explain away the culture war in terms of the environment.
3. Few, if any, social leaders are willing to discuss or examine the roots of the culture war.
4. There are really only two worldviews in conflict – not three, five, or ten.
I conclude by giving some basic examples of the current moral conflict, and I explain how this conflict is described in the Bible.
Scripture References: Micah 3:2; Isaiah 5:20; Amos 5:7, 6:12; Isaiah 29:21; Amos 5:10; Proverbs 28:4
Similar Programs on the Topic of Liberalism
- #113 Converting the Religious Liberal Mind
- #553 (Video 216) – How to Confront Leftism
- YouTube #135 – Who are the Rioters – Part 2
- #307 The Way of Cain #2
- #85 "Shifting Blame, Shirking Responsibility"
- #311 Way of Cain #5 Self-righteous
- #150 Hawks vs Doves
- #191 A Nation of Victims
- #223 Liberalism's Support for Islam Pt. 2
- #225 Spoiled University Students