On Monday, June 4, 2018, the Supreme Court ruled against Colorado’s prosecution of Jack Philips for refusing to bake a cake for a homosexual wedding. Even though this was good news for the Christian community, it did not set a clear precedent for future cases. Rather than ruling for freedom of religion, the case ruled against religious bias. After discussing the legal ramblings of the case, I address what is really going on in our culture. The ungodly are simply creating all sorts of legal justification for sin. In the words of George Orwell, “Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.” Or in the words of the prophet Isaiah, the wicked “cause a person to be indicted by a word, and ensnare him who adjudicates at the gate, and defraud the one in the right with meaningless arguments.” (Isaiah 29:20)
Scripture References: Genesis 19; 1 Corinthian 5:10-12; Matthew 5:44-45; Ephesians 5:11; 1 Corinthians 10:21; 1 John 10-11; Acts 5:29; Isaiah 29:20-24
Similar Programs on the Topic of LGBT
- #548 (Video #211) - The Truth about Transgenderism
- #91 "NJ Bill A3371 Counseling LGBTQ minors"
- #503 - Pride Month and the Wrath of God
- Radio Program #452 - The Lawless SCOTUS
- #382 The Equality Act
- #16 Homosexuality
- #157 Supreme Court Refusal
- #556 (Video 219) Movie Review - "What is a Woman?"
- Radio Program #399 - The Shame of Pride Month
- #300 MasterpieceCake vs. CCRC