One of the great Bible difficulties is explaining the Psalms which call down curses upon the wicked (Imprecatory Psalms), in the light of what Jesus taught, “Love your enemies.” In view of the present evil culture, how are we to pray? I share nine truths to help us understand the application and balance of Imprecatory Psalms.
1. They address a severe wickedness
2. They are Directed against unrepentant sinners
3. They are in accord with the justice of God
4. They contain an eschatological element
5. They consign the judgment to God
6. They are part of the Old Covenant
7. They a warning to the wicked
8. They are a blessing for the wicked
9. They demonstrate true love
Similar Programs on the Topic of Bible Studies
- #210 Judges, The Real Story
- Radio Program #412 The Conversion of Nebuchadnezzar (and Trump?)
- Radio Program #398 “Explaining Imprecatory Psalms”
- #546 - In Bondage all of their Lives.
- #506 - Seals, Trumpets & Bowls - Part 2
- YouTube #92 – Halloween – The day of the Genesis Flood
- #337 Habakkuk's Question
- #326 The Prophet's SOUA
- YouTube #87 The Conversion of Nebuchadnezzar (and Trump?)
- #83 Political Lessons from the Prophets"