Synopsis: Program #113 – 12/29/2013 “Converting the Religious Liberal Mind”
Did you ever get into a discussion with those who say Jesus was a social liberal, or that Jesus would vote Democrat because He cared for the poor? Political liberals tend to be secular humanists, but there are a few religious liberals who hang on to the coattails of Jesus and the Bible. Program #113 is a response to this claim that the Democrat Party is on God’s side because it stands for personal liberties (abortion and LGBT rights) and the redistribution of wealth to the poor.
Religious liberals are a tough nut to crack. The arguments can get so convoluted that the only way to discern good and evil is by a chapter and verse in the Bible. In the temptation of Jesus, Satan used some sophisticated arguments. He even quoted Scripture, but Jesus responded each time by quoting the Scripture in its proper context. The Scriptures are not ambiguous – one side will eventually have to concede that the Bible is against his position. Liberals may try to hijack the Bible; but when they are pressed, the Bible is not really their authority.
Scriptures Referenced: Colossians 4:5-6; Isaiah 5:20; 2 Corinthians 11; Matthew 4; 2 Timothy 3; Exodus 20; Leviticus 24:17; Genesis 25:22; Jeremiah 1:5; Isaiah 49:1; Galatians 1:15; Exodus 21:22-23; Isaiah 57:5; Leviticus 18:22; Romans 1:26-28; James 3:11-12; Matthew 7:18-20; Deuteronomy 26:12; 2 Thessalonians 3:10
Similar Programs on the Topic of Liberalism
- #315 A Primer on Liberal Words
- Radio Program #411 - Postmodernism vs Free Speech
- #342 The Unsaved Moral Conservative
- #311 Way of Cain #5 Self-righteous
- #304 The Alternative Right
- #222 Liberalism's Support for Islam
- #85 "Shifting Blame, Shirking Responsibility"
- #169 Autonomy & Compassion
- #309 The Way of Cain #4 -Violence
- Radio Program #407 "Postmodernism vs God"