Synopsis: Program #133 – 5/18/2014 “The Culture War”
What is the culture war? It is the public debate over policy and morals. Admittedly, there is a natural resistance to getting involved in the culture war. It leaves one with an uncomfortable, icky feeling. It is certainly much more comforting to discuss God’s truth with like-minded people within the confines of our church buildings.
Therefore, it is easy to conclude that engaging in the culture war is not the Gospel, antithetical to the Gospel, or a hindrance to the Gospel. Program #132 shows from Scripture that participation in the culture war is the Gospel ministry. After Paul tells the Romans that He is writing to them to define the Gospel of Jesus Christ, he takes the first three chapters to expose the sins of the culture. There is no good news without first explaining the bad news of sin.
After covering a number of examples of Biblical characters who engaged in the culture war, I share a lengthy piece of satire as to why Christians should drop the political social issues in order to make the Gospel more acceptable.
Scripture References: Jude 14-15; Matthew 14:3-4, 11:7-9, 23:1-36; Acts 17&19; Revelation 1:9; 2 Timothy 3:12; Galatians 5:11; Hebrews 11:32-38
Similar Programs on the Topic of The Culture War
- #171 2015 State of the Union
- YouTube #137 – Can a Christian vote Democrat?
- Radio Program #466 – Can a Christian Vote Democrat?
- YouTube #122 - Lies Prevail in the Land
- #292 Free Speech at Berzerkly
- Radio Program #486 - Worldview – Patriot or Insurrectionist?
- YouTube #155 – Worldview – Patriot or Insurrectionist?
- Radio Program #483 – I tell you, no, but rather division
- #317 The Texas Shooting
- YouTube #152 – I tell you, no, but rather division