#133 The Culture War
Abridged Radio Program
Synopsis: Program #133 – 5/18/2014 “The Culture War”
What is the culture war? It is the public debate over policy and morals. Admittedly, there is a natural resistance to getting involved in the culture war. It leaves one with an uncomfortable, icky feeling. It is certainly much more comforting to discuss God’s truth with like-minded people within the confines of our church buildings.
Therefore, it is easy to conclude that engaging in the culture war is not the Gospel, antithetical to the Gospel, or a hindrance to the Gospel. Program #132 shows from Scripture that participation in the culture war is the Gospel ministry. After Paul tells the Romans that He is writing to them to define the Gospel of Jesus Christ, he takes the first three chapters to expose the sins of the culture. There is no good news without first explaining the bad news of sin.
After covering a number of examples of Biblical characters who engaged in the culture war, I share a lengthy piece of satire as to why Christians should drop the political social issues in order to make the Gospel more acceptable.
Scripture References: Jude 14-15; Matthew 14:3-4, 11:7-9, 23:1-36; Acts 17&19; Revelation 1:9; 2 Timothy 3:12; Galatians 5:11; Hebrews 11:32-38
Similar Programs on the Topic of The Culture War
- #46 The Blame Game
- Radio Program #433 - Trump and the Two Americas
- #501 - Christianity vs Wokeism, Who Wins?
- Radio Program #397 Reveling in Deception
- #495 – The Biblical Explanation for what is happening
- #554 (Video 217) Recognizing the Role of Satan
- #339 The Culture War
- #559 (Video 222) Why We Fight
- #527 (Video 193) – Why do they hate Rittenhouse?
- Radio Program #502 - The War Against Wokeism Continues