Program #209 “Nehemiah – The Real Story” – 11/1/2015 – Synopsis
Rather than discussing a contemporary topical subject, every once in a while I am compelled to devote an entire program to the exposition of Scriptures. The greatest problem in Christian activism today is not lack of people, lack of money, or lack of political savvy – but lack of Biblical knowledge. As the prophet Hosea wrote, “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge” (Hosea 4:6). Or as the prophet Amos wrote, “not a famine for bread or a thirst for water, but rather for hearing the words of the Lord.” (Amos 8:11)
Many conservative Christian activists do not understand the Scriptures beyond a few favorite verses. Therefore, their message and methods are inadequate to save the nation.
Program #209 is an exposition of the book of Nehemiah. Often the story in this book is depicted as a model for building God’s work and saving the nation; but actually, this final historical book of the Old Testament tells the story of man’s utter failure to be made righteous by the law. As Paul taught, the Old Covenant was the ministry of death and condemnation (2 Cor. 3:9). If anything, Nehemiah teaches us how not to build for God.
Christian activists need to be reminded that the law (even conservative principles) will not save the nation. So often we forget the very Gospel we profess to believe.
Similar Programs on the Topic of Bible Studies
- Program #505 - Seals, Trumpets & Bowls - Part 1
- #506 - Seals, Trumpets & Bowls - Part 2
- YouTube #16 Continuing in the Way of Jeroboam
- Radio Program #405 - Isaiah 33:22 – The Lord is our King
- #138 Romans Chapter One
- #323 The Politics of Samuel
- YouTube #82 - Isaiah 33:22 The Lord is our King
- #294 2 Chronicles 7:14 Part 2
- YouTube #87 The Conversion of Nebuchadnezzar (and Trump?)
- #507 - Seal, Trumpet & Bowl Judgments Part 3