Program #317 “The Texas Shooting” – 11-26-2017 – Synopsis
When the people came to Jesus telling him about Pilate’s recent assassination of Jewish zealots in the temple, Jesus responded, “Do you suppose that these Galileans were greater sinners than all other Galileans because they suffered this fate? I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish” (Luke 13:2-3). The narrative we place upon human tragedy is far different from the lessons God wants us to learn. Jesus wanted the people to learn that (1) they are no better than others, and (2) everyone needs to repent because death awaits us all.
After the Sutherland Springs shooting, the media’s sole narrative was the need for gun legislation. In their spiritual blindness, they ignored the important truths such events are meant to teach us. Program #318 shares some Biblical insights in regard to this national tragedy.
Scriptures Referenced: Luke 13:2-3; Amos 4:12; Luke 23:28-29; Luke 22:35-37; 2 Corinthians 11:26; Revelation 6:9-11; 2 Corinthians 4:10, 6:9; 1 Corinthians 15:3; 2 Corinthians 1:5; Philippians 1:20-21
Similar Programs on the Topic of The Culture War
- #98 Changing the Culture
- Radio Program #433 - Trump and the Two Americas
- YouTube #152 – I tell you, no, but rather division
- #319 The Wave of Sex Scandals
- Radio Program #502 - The War Against Wokeism Continues
- #501 - Christianity vs Wokeism, Who Wins?
- #527 (Video 193) – Why do they hate Rittenhouse?
- #282 Behind Fake News
- Radio Program #486 - Worldview – Patriot or Insurrectionist?
- YouTube #137 – Can a Christian vote Democrat?