Given all of the current news, it is a good time to once again look into the doctrines of Civil Disobedience. I cover some Biblical examples where God calls His people to take down corrupt government (Hebrews 11:33 – “Who by Faith conquered kingdoms”). But we also have the command in Romans 13 to be subject to even corrupt government. I explain the exceptions to Romans 13 – the Doctrine of Lesser Magistrates. I also cover the philosophy in our Declaration of Independence. I conclude with a number of Biblical thoughts about our current relationship with the Federal Government.
Similar Programs on the Topic of Christian Activism
- #187 Civil Disobedience #3 - What Can the Righteous Do?
- #96 Evangelical Pastors Civic Outreach
- #55 Civil Disobedience
- #50 The Wisconsin Protests
- #117 The Message of Judgment
- #263 The Influence of the President
- #100 Encouraging Those Who Grieve
- #97 Civil Government Lesson #1
- 577 (Video 237) Christian Nationalism
- #6 Honor the King