#163 Titus 3
Abridged Radio Program
Program #163 – “Titus 3” – 12/14/2014 – Synopsis
Program #163 is an exposition of Paul’s words in Titus 3, “Remind them to be subject to rulers, to authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good deed.” As it was extremely important for Christians in the early church to be upright citizens, so much more it is in our day as we see people trying to change society by rioting, looting and burning. To our knowledge the Christians never participated in the insurrections and rebellions which took place frequently in the Roman empire. But corrupt human wisdom directs people to obtain civil rights by putting society in fear. Natural man believes that violence and revenge are justice. It is no wonder that the people chose the zealot Barabbas over Jesus. The New Testament teaches that we are to change society by love and charity. “For such is the will of God that by doing right you may silence the ignorance of foolish men” (1 Peter 2:15).
In that Paul wrote to Titus, “Remind them,” the church needs to speak up and proactively teach our nation godly civil behavior.
Scriptures Referenced: Titus 3:1-6; Matthew 23:3; Romans 13:5; 1 Peter 2:13; Titus 2:11,15; Luke 18:9
Similar Programs on the Topic of Christian Activism
- #56 Hide for a Little While
- #238 You Will Be Made to Care - Book Review
- #96 Evangelical Pastors Civic Outreach
- #167 How Should the 7,000 Live?
- Radio Program #409 My Theology of Politics
- #140 BridgeFest Message - Philippians 1:28
- Radio Program #420 – Does Evangelical Support for Trump Damage the Gospel?
- YouTube #74 - Which O.T. Laws Apply Today?
- YouTube #2 - Christianity & Protests
- #43 Why the Moral Decline?