In June, Congress held hearings on the movement to require the Federal Government to financially compensate the African American community for slavery and discrimination. Although this proposal has very little chance of becoming law, the hearings satisfy special interest groups in the party base. The whole discussion becomes a good opportunity to demonstrate how public policy should be determined and judged by Biblical law. The bottom line is the Biblical principle that it is unjust to make the children pay for the sins of their fathers. The recompense owned by our ancestors must be left in the hands of God.
Scripture References: 1 Peter 2:15, 3:13-15; Deuteronomy 15:12-15, 24:16; Exodus 12:35; Joshua 9, 2 Samuel 21.
Similar Programs on the Topic of Ethics
- Radio Program #392 - Relativism & Lawlessness
- YouTube #84 Postmodernism vs. God
- YouTube #112 – The Corona Crisis Part 3
- #86 "IRS Corruption"
- #78 "Cutting Big Government"
- #67 "The Christian Work Ethic
- Radio Program #414 Ukraine-Gate, The Blinding Power of Ideological Bias
- #254 The Lesser of Two Evils - Part 1
- #71 "State of the Union Address"
- Radio Program #440 - The Corona Crisis Pt. 3