Synopsis Program #11 – “The Apostasy”
The program “The apostasy” is an exposition of 1 Thessalonians 2:3- – “Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction.”
Rather than simply seeing the times in which we live as a misfortunate decline in morals, the Christian understands that what is happening in this world is the prophetic fulfillment of the apostasy. This program defines the Biblical meaning of the “apostasy” and gives historic examples of the fulfillment. In this program I express my conviction that the current moral decline in our society is not the fault of the true church, even as the swing toward outward conformity to Christian values in the seventeenth and eighteenth century were not to the credit of the true church. At times God chooses to restrain the wicked and causes them to submit to the Christian minority; at other times, God allows the wicked to show their true colors. At the end of the church age God foretold that he would remove his restrain from the wicked so that they would be judged. Scriptures referenced: 1 John 2:17-18, 4:5-6, 4:30; Eph 2:1; Lev. 26:7-8; Ps 66:3; Dan. 7:25; Rev. 13:4, 8, 15-17; Rev 17:12-14, 17; Mt 24:14
Similar Programs on the Topic of Prophecy
- 512 (Video 179) – Seal, Trumpet and Bowl Judgments – Pt 5
- Radio Program #424 - Israel and Daniel 9 (Pt. 2)
- #376 Ezekiel's Temple
- #383 America's Revival & Judgment
- YouTube #100 - Christian Conservative Resurgence or Defeat?
- Radio Program #431 - Preterism and Post-millennialism Refuted
- Radio Program #488 - Is the Day of the Lord Upon Us?
- Radio Program #424 - Israel & Daniel 9
- YouTube #59 Ezekiel's Temple
- #239 Hosea 6:2