Program #169 “Autonomy and Compassion” 1/25/2015 – Synopsis
Program #169 discusses the two values upon which all immoral legislation is being justified – autonomy and compassion. The mature Christian needs to go beyond simply understanding what people do, but why they do what they do. Furthermore, we can’t change behavior until we change core values. The inside of the cup must be cleansed before the outside of the cup.
If we are to be God’s prophets, we must expose wrong ideological foundations and lay the axe to the root of the tree. There are a number of misplaced values that are guiding the post-Christian culture – values such as freedom, progress, equality, health, non-judgmentalism, etc. But the two overarching, misapplied values I discuss in the program are autonomy and compassion.
Our generation believes that the basis for judging right or wrong is (1) what gives people the most personal freedom, and (2) what evokes feelings of compassion. This error needs to be exposed for what it is – rebellion and sympathy for the Devil.
Scripture References: Proverbs 21:22; Psalm 82:5; Titus 1:9-11; Isaiah 14:13-14; Philippians 2:10; John 8:34; Colossians 3:12; 2 Chronicles 19:2
Similar Programs on the Topic of Liberalism
- #85 "Shifting Blame, Shirking Responsibility"
- #309 The Way of Cain #4 -Violence
- YouTube #135 – Who are the Rioters – Part 2
- #308 The Way of Cain #3
- YouTube #28 The Unsaved Moral Conservative
- The Foundations of Liberalism and Conservatism
- #219 Liberalism Hurts People
- #315 A Primer on Liberal Words
- #307 The Way of Cain #2
- YouTube #86 Postmodernism vs. Free Speech