#183 The Church & LGBT
Abridged Radio Program
Program #183 “The Church and LGBT” – 5/03/2015 – Synopsis
In view of this week’s Supreme Court consideration of homosexual marriage, in Program #183 I shares a few truths that were on my heart. In mid-May I plan to begin a series on Civil Disobedience. Then I will deal with the specifics of the Supreme Court case; for now I simply share seven broad principles for your encouragement. Much, much more could have been said, and each of these points could be expanded into an entire program; but brevity is sometimes the best approach.
1. In the short term, we will not win the battle against the homosexual movement in America.
2. Christian leaders in America need to focus on preparing the church for persecution.
3. The best thing for the church is to be persecuted by the world.
4. The moral decline of America is not the fault of the church.
5. The church is not quitting if we come to understand, by the Spirit of God, that America
will not turn.
6. We can’t win this – God will have to win this for us!
7. The Church has done its job.
Scripture References: John 14:27; Jeremiah 5:9,12; John 16:1-4; 2 Chronicles 7:14; Matthew 10:14, 23; Judges 7:2; 1 Corinthians 12:21
Similar Programs on the Topic of LGBT
- YouTube #124 – The Lawless SCOTUS
- #556 (Video 219) Movie Review - "What is a Woman?"
- YouTube #64 The Equality Act
- #138 Romans Chapter One
- #109 Employment Non-Discrimination Act - Program 1
- YouTube #32 The Masterpiece Decision
- #103 Debating Same-Sex Marriage
- #503 - Pride Month and the Wrath of God
- Radio Program #419 - As in the Days of Lot
- #347 The Masterpiece Decision