Program #190 “America is Gone! Let’s Quit?” – 6/21/2015 – Synopsis
Program #190 is a response to listeners who have written to me expressing their fears that my apocalyptic outlook will inspire Christians to quit the work. I certainly believe I am expressing the New Testament message by emphasizing the coming apocalypse and eventual demise of America. Therefore, I am not moved by such criticism. But I have come to realized that many people are motivated to work solely on the basis of earthly success. That never crosses my mind because “I endure all things for the sake of the elect” (2 Timothy 4:10).
The Bible is replete with the message that the earth will be burned up and everything in it; yet that truth does not in any way conflict with, or work against, the Biblical injunctions that we are to be busy in this world. However, some people believe the message of judgment means hopelessness, inactivity, and indifference.
It just so happens that this is the identical accusation the ancient Israelites cast at the Old Testament prophets. My program is an exposition of this Biblical situation.
Similar Programs on the Topic of Christian Activism
- #182 Reviving America #2
- #92 "Christian Activism & Prohibition"
- #161 Politics or Conversion
- #102 Why is the Church Silent about Same-sex Marriage
- #496 – The Political vs. The Spiritual solution
- Radio Program #420 – Does Evangelical Support for Trump Damage the Gospel?
- #555 (Video 218) Democrats, Republicans, and The Christians
- #50 The Wisconsin Protests
- 577 (Video 237) Christian Nationalism
- #94 "Watchmen on the Wall"