Abridged Radio Program
Program #218 “Masada” – 1/03/2016 – Synopsis
I begin 2016 with a history program about the Jewish Freedom fighters who held out against the Roman army at the fortress of Masada
(AD 73). Masada is a reminder that often a patriotic, flag waving, political agenda may be presented as God’s cause; but actually is from the pit of Hell.
The Jews at Masada believed they were following in the footsteps of the great men of faith such as Joshua, Gideon, and David. Eleazar, the leader of the Jewish Zealots, inspired his followers to fight and die for the principle of liberty. It was a “give me liberty or give me death” movement. But sometimes the call for liberty can be an excuse for lawlessness and rebellion.
Christians ought to be on guard against both secular liberalism and certain forms of religious conservatism because the devil has both groups in his pocket.
Scriptures Referenced: Acts 21:38; Matthew 24:1-2; Luke 21:20-24; John 5:42-43; Luke 23:27-32; Jeremiah 27:8-11; Romans 13:1; Psalm 2:2-4; Matthew 23:37-39; Acts 4:12
Similar Programs on the Topic of Christian Activism
- #190 America is Gone! Let's Quit?
- #102 Why is the Church Silent about Same-sex Marriage
- #84 "Building God's Country
- YouTube #95 – Does Evangelical Support for Trump Damage the Gospel?
- #181 Reviving America #1
- #564 (Video 225) An Evangelical Perspective on America's cure - Turning Point USA Pastor's Summit 2022
- #496 – The Political vs. The Spiritual solution
- #298 Codex Theodocianus - part 1
- YouTube #3 The Benedict Option Heresy
- #38 Conservative Talk Radio