Program #280 “The Syrian Refugee Crisis” – 3/12/2017– Synopsis
When is right to pick up arms to overthrow your king? Is it right to kill a fellow citizen to change a government from a monarchy to a democracy? If you lose your fight, what then?
In 2011, the Arab Spring motivated many Syrians to protest their government. After the government responded with force, the protestors believed they were justified in forming the Free Syrian Army and plunging the nation into civil war. It may sound like the American Revolution where the citizens want freedom from dictatorship – or is it the moral equivalent to the American Civil War where the rebels were the bad guys?
In this program, I explain the history of the Syrian Refugee Crisis, the doctrine of obedience to civil government, and how the rebels need to reconcile with their own nation rather than emigrating to the West for sympathy and sanctuary.
Scripture References: 1 Peter 2:13-17; Titus 3:1; 1 Samuel 26:9-10; Jeremiah 8:9; Matthew 5:23-25
Similar Programs on the Topic of Christian Activism
- #140 BridgeFest Message - Philippians 1:28
- #94 "Watchmen on the Wall"
- #182 Reviving America #2
- #238 You Will Be Made to Care - Book Review
- #96 Evangelical Pastors Civic Outreach
- #102 Why is the Church Silent about Same-sex Marriage
- #163 Titus 3
- #496 – The Political vs. The Spiritual solution
- #1 - We Win
- #190 America is Gone! Let's Quit?