Synopsis: Program #100 – Encouraging Those Who Grieve – September 29, 2013
Providentially, Program #100 might be just what the church needs given the recent news that the New Jersey courts have legalized gay marriage. I begin by recounting various news reports where Christians have lost the battle for righteousness in the public sphere. The response of the godly is always sadness and grief. In Ezekiel 9, we read that God puts a special mark of protection upon all those “who sigh and groan over all the abominations which are being committed.”
Jesus reminded us that regardless of tribulation, we can still have a joy that no one can take from us. That inner joy comes through knowing and believing the truth, namely that (1) every elected official and every law are there by God’s decree, and (2) all things work together for the good of God’s people and the judgment of the wicked. For the Christian, troubles are actually a source of joy, for they are a reminder of Jesus’ soon return; they are opportunities to spread the Gospel, and they will result in great heavenly rewards.
Scriptures Referenced: Hebrews 3:13, 10:25; 1 Thessalonians 5:11; I Kings 17; Psalm 10:1-7; Jeremiah 9:1; Ezekiel 9; 2 Corinthians 4:8-11; Proverbs 13:1; Proverbs 8:15-16; Daniel 2:21, 37-38; Proverbs 21:1; Romans 1, 3:8; Matthew 18:7; Romans 8:28; John 15:11, 16:22; Luke 21:28, 21:12-13, 6:22-23; 1 Peter 4:12-13
Similar Programs on the Topic of Christian Activism
- #181 Reviving America #1
- #56 Hide for a Little While
- Radio Program #420 – Does Evangelical Support for Trump Damage the Gospel?
- #496 – The Political vs. The Spiritual solution
- #130 Mr. Christian goes to Washington
- #555 (Video 218) Democrats, Republicans, and The Christians
- #167 How Should the 7,000 Live?
- #84 "Building God's Country
- #117 The Message of Judgment
- #140 BridgeFest Message - Philippians 1:28