Synopsis: Program #100 – Encouraging Those Who Grieve – September 29, 2013
Providentially, Program #100 might be just what the church needs given the recent news that the New Jersey courts have legalized gay marriage. I begin by recounting various news reports where Christians have lost the battle for righteousness in the public sphere. The response of the godly is always sadness and grief. In Ezekiel 9, we read that God puts a special mark of protection upon all those “who sigh and groan over all the abominations which are being committed.”
Jesus reminded us that regardless of tribulation, we can still have a joy that no one can take from us. That inner joy comes through knowing and believing the truth, namely that (1) every elected official and every law are there by God’s decree, and (2) all things work together for the good of God’s people and the judgment of the wicked. For the Christian, troubles are actually a source of joy, for they are a reminder of Jesus’ soon return; they are opportunities to spread the Gospel, and they will result in great heavenly rewards.
Scriptures Referenced: Hebrews 3:13, 10:25; 1 Thessalonians 5:11; I Kings 17; Psalm 10:1-7; Jeremiah 9:1; Ezekiel 9; 2 Corinthians 4:8-11; Proverbs 13:1; Proverbs 8:15-16; Daniel 2:21, 37-38; Proverbs 21:1; Romans 1, 3:8; Matthew 18:7; Romans 8:28; John 15:11, 16:22; Luke 21:28, 21:12-13, 6:22-23; 1 Peter 4:12-13
Similar Programs on the Topic of Christian Activism
- YouTube #95 – Does Evangelical Support for Trump Damage the Gospel?
- YouTube #151 – The Theology of Overthrowing Government
- #135 Secession from the Union
- #92 "Christian Activism & Prohibition"
- #84 "Building God's Country
- #94 "Watchmen on the Wall"
- #159 The Great Opportunity
- #114 The Freedom Rally
- #96 Evangelical Pastors Civic Outreach
- #102 Why is the Church Silent about Same-sex Marriage