Synopsis: Program #130 – 4/27/2014 “Mr. Christian Goes to Washington”
Program #130 discusses the upcoming mid-term election and some Christian congressional candidates we have running for office here in New Jersey. The main topic is the theology behind Christians holding public office. Is it right for Christians to represent a corrupt nation? Is it possible to get elected? Should one even try?
I have heard some say, “A true Christian can never get elected unless he compromises the truth. After all, they did not choose Christ, so they will not choose those who are Christ-like.” Given the condition of fallen man, that would be true; but God sometimes intervenes to bring His people into a place of power for the sake of testimony. The remainder of the program explains how a Christian candidate is not to be like the typical politician who adapts to the culture to get elected, but the man of God should inform and change the culture in his campaign.
Scripture References: Genesis 19:1; 2 Peter 2:8-9; 2 Chronicles 19:21; Jeremiah 29:4-7; Titus 3:14; 1 Timothy 2:1-2; Galatians 6:10; Acts 3:14; Micah 2:11; Ephesians 4:17; Daniel 4:17; Psalm 75:6-7; 2 Corinthians 4:2; 2 Kings 22-23
Similar Programs on the Topic of Christian Activism
- #190 America is Gone! Let's Quit?
- 591 (Video 249) Glen Ridge - Sodom Revisited
- #564 (Video 225) An Evangelical Perspective on America's cure - Turning Point USA Pastor's Summit 2022
- #161 Politics or Conversion
- #496 – The Political vs. The Spiritual solution
- #96 Evangelical Pastors Civic Outreach
- Radio Program #482 – The Theology of Overthrowing Government
- #1 - We Win
- #218 Masada
- #117 The Message of Judgment