Synopsis: Program #130 – 4/27/2014 “Mr. Christian Goes to Washington”
Program #130 discusses the upcoming mid-term election and some Christian congressional candidates we have running for office here in New Jersey. The main topic is the theology behind Christians holding public office. Is it right for Christians to represent a corrupt nation? Is it possible to get elected? Should one even try?
I have heard some say, “A true Christian can never get elected unless he compromises the truth. After all, they did not choose Christ, so they will not choose those who are Christ-like.” Given the condition of fallen man, that would be true; but God sometimes intervenes to bring His people into a place of power for the sake of testimony. The remainder of the program explains how a Christian candidate is not to be like the typical politician who adapts to the culture to get elected, but the man of God should inform and change the culture in his campaign.
Scripture References: Genesis 19:1; 2 Peter 2:8-9; 2 Chronicles 19:21; Jeremiah 29:4-7; Titus 3:14; 1 Timothy 2:1-2; Galatians 6:10; Acts 3:14; Micah 2:11; Ephesians 4:17; Daniel 4:17; Psalm 75:6-7; 2 Corinthians 4:2; 2 Kings 22-23
Similar Programs on the Topic of Christian Activism
- #84 "Building God's Country
- #131 Standing to Serve
- #135 Secession from the Union
- #1 - We Win
- #238 You Will Be Made to Care - Book Review
- YouTube #2 - Christianity & Protests
- #190 America is Gone! Let's Quit?
- #102 Why is the Church Silent about Same-sex Marriage
- Radio Program #420 – Does Evangelical Support for Trump Damage the Gospel?
- #280 The Syrian Refugee Crisis