Synopsis – Program #36 – January 2, 2011– “The New Year”
The program discusses the prophecies about the coming of Jesus since this is the believer’s daily expectation (Titus 2:13, Philippians 3:20, Romans 8:23, 2 Timothy 4:8. 2 Peter 3:12, 1 Thessalonians 1:10.
The first point is that Jesus taught, “no man knows the day or the hour” of His return. (Acts 1) The paradox is explained in regard to the teaching that Jesus said to “Recognize that He is near” (Mt. 24:33) and yet, “He will come in an hour when you do not think He will.” (Mt 24:39; 24:44).
Discussed is the theory put forth by some Early Church Fathers that the church age would be 2000 years and then Jesus would return; and that there would be 6000 years of human history and then God would bring in the 1000 year Millennial Sabbath Rest (2 Peter 3:8-9, Hosea 6:1-2). The Biblical chronology of the world is covered in detail.
Four points that indicate the signs of the times are given
The teaching ends with the theological reason for God’s sudden, surprising return. ‘When they say peace and safety then sudden destruction will come upon them.
Similar Programs on the Topic of Prophecy
- #205 Pre, Mid, Post Trib. Pt. 1
- YouTube #103 - The False Prophet and Islam
- YouTube #41 The Prophecy of Ezekiel
- Radio Program #386 "How to Survive the Apocalypse"
- #296 The Restraint 2 Thess 2:6-7
- #506 - Seals, Trumpets & Bowls - Part 2
- Radio Program #424 - Israel & Daniel 9
- #364 The Trump Prophecy
- Radio Program #429 - The False Prophet and Islam
- #239 Hosea 6:2