Synopsis #71 The State of the Union Address – March 10, 2013
Although discussion about the President’s State of the Union address left the news cycle weeks ago, the President’s agenda will be with us for the next four years. If we are to understand the direction of Washington, we must know the President’s plan. This edition of “God and Country” is not so much about Biblical exposition, but about getting believers up to speed on some of the latest issues.
Just about everything the President proposed is contrary to conservative Christian policy. Therefore, one of the first matters of business is to give an answer to those who will say, “As usual the ‘Christian right’ is beating up on everything the President says.”
The program goes on to enumerate and explain some of the President’s agenda – – universal early childhood education, the Paycheck Fairness Act, combating global warming, manufacturing innovation hubs, raising the minimum wage, etc. The unproven premise is that the Federal Government can and should be involved in these endeavors. Marco Rubio’s and Rand Paul’s responses are referenced in the program.
The program concludes with this reminder: Even bad policy is ordained by God!
Scriptures Referenced: 2 Chronicles 28:18; 1 Peter 2:17; Ephesians 4:17-18; Daniel 2; Deuteronomy 4:32; Jeremiah 27:6-8
Similar Programs on the Topic of Government Policy
- 517 (video 184) - The Beast
- Radio Program #442 - The Corona Crisis Part 5 (Fear, ignorance, and Authoritarianism)
- Radio Program #441 - The Corona Crisis Part 4 – Cleanliness is next to Godliness
- 516 (Video 183) – The Vaccine Mandate
- YouTube #114 – The Corona Crisis Part 5 – Fear, ignorance, and Authoritarianism
- YouTube #112 – The Corona Crisis Part 3
- #78 "Cutting Big Government"
- YouTube #80 Reparations – Justice or Injustice
- #125 Taxes - Lesson 1
- #69 Heavy Burdens