Synopsis: Program #93 – When Vileness is Exalted – August 11, 2013
Program #93 begins with an exposition of Psalm 12 describing the state of affairs when evil is given free reign in society. Ungodliness in our nation is coming from many sources; but here at God and Country, the source we focus on is the role of civil government. The civic leaders set the moral tone for the nation through their polices and personal character. The king will either “winnow the wicked and drive a threshing wheel over them” (Proverbs 20:26), or “pay attention to falsehood [and] all his ministers become wicked” (Proverbs 29:12).
The program reviews David Harsanyi’s book, Obama’s Four Horsemen, which describes the effects of President Obama’s agenda. Also discussed is Joseph Overton’s theory called “The Overton Window.” Socially acceptable morals, values and polices can be shifted by the chatter class. Examples are given of Old Testament Kings who normalized evil in Israel.
Understanding these things is “so that no advantage would be taken of us by Satan, for we are not ignorant of his schemes” (2 Corinthians 2:11).
Scriptures Referenced: Psalm 12; Proverbs 29:2, 28:28, 29:16; Ecclesiastes 8:11; Proverbs 29:12, 20:26; Acts 6:12, 14:2; 1 Kings 16:30-33; 1 Kings 21:25; 1 Kings 18:4; 2 Chronicles 28:19-23; Micah 6:16; Exodus 32:25; 2 Kings 21:9-11; 2 Corinthians 2:11; Ephesians 4:14-15
Similar Programs on the Topic of Doctrine of Civil Government
- Radio Program #482 – The Theology of Overthrowing Government
- Radio Program #396 - Do Not Resist Evil and the Two Kingdom Doctrine
- YouTube #78 – Frenchism vs. Ahmarism (Pluralism vs. God’s law)
- #115 Civil Government Lesson #2
- #119 Civil Government Lesson #3
- #163 Titus 3
- #248 Freedom of Religion Part3
- #263 The Influence of the President
- #9 Biblical law
- YouTube #73 - Do Not Resist Evil and The Two Kingdom Doctrine