One issue, subsumed under the Doctrines of Civil Government, concerns which laws does God requires magistrates to enforce in society. Are the judicial and ceremonial laws of Moses to be applied to all Gentile nations or were those laws temporary disciplines for ancient Israel alone? Taking a break from my usual commentary on the news, I discuss this common question.
Scripture References: Acts 10:15; 15:1; Exodus 22:25; Hebrews 9:9-10; Galatians 3:23, 4:3; Romans 1; 1 Corinthianss 6:9; 1 Timothy 1:10; Leviticus 18:24; 1 Corinthians 5:1; Leviticus 18; 2 Timothy 4:18
Similar Programs on the Topic of Doctrine of Civil Government
- #263 The Influence of the President
- Radio Program #395 - Which O.T. Laws Apply Today?
- #163 Titus 3
- #160 Pilgrims & The Christian State
- #6 Honor the King
- Radio Program #396 - Do Not Resist Evil and the Two Kingdom Doctrine
- #52 Civil Government
- #124 Civil Government #6
- #242 Freedom of Religion Part 1
- Radio Program #391 - Yes, We Believe in a Theocracy