Synopsis: Program #96 – E.P.C.O. –
September 1, 2013
Program #96 begins with an explanation of Acts 9:15 – God’s calling upon Paul to bear the name of Christ before kings. The book of Acts goes on to recount Paul’s varied interactions with Roman officials. In the Old Testament we often read about the prophets addressing the kings. We see in Paul the same pattern for New Testament ministry.
How can we obey Christ’s calling to bring the Word of God to our legislators? The program concludes with a brief explanation of a new trial program: Evangelical Pastors Civic Outreach. I am working to set up annual meetings with pastors and legislators in each of the forty legislative districts in New Jersey. People have told me that this is not possible for a variety of reasons. Fortunately, we have a God that can do the impossible.
Scriptures Referenced: Acts 9:15; Matthew 28:19-20; Isaiah 52:15; Isaiah 58:1; Matthew 14:3-5; Acts 24:24-26; Proverbs 16:6; Acts 28:30-31; Philippians 1:12-14; Acts 13:6-10; Acts 23:16; Matthew 17:19-20
Similar Programs on the Topic of Christian Activism
- #100 Encouraging Those Who Grieve
- #140 BridgeFest Message - Philippians 1:28
- YouTube #2 - Christianity & Protests
- #159 The Great Opportunity
- #238 You Will Be Made to Care - Book Review
- #496 – The Political vs. The Spiritual solution
- #92 "Christian Activism & Prohibition"
- #1 - We Win
- #50 The Wisconsin Protests
- #182 Reviving America #2