Program #161 – “Politics or Conversion” – 11/30/2014 – Synopsis
Program #161 includes some musings about the recent November 4th mid-term elections. Although conservatives did well nationally, we did not do well in New Jersey. This affords me the opportunity to remind everyone that real change comes through evangelism, not politics. Political action can’t change people; it can only work with the moral capital that has already been built up through the work of the church. To try to change a nation through political action alone is an exercise in futility. Don’t misunderstand – political action is important, but it is only the caboose; the engine is the life-changing Gospel of Jesus Christ.
I conclude with a letter that I sent to the pastors in my district explaining why the conservative, Christian candidate lost. In short, it wasn’t due to a lack of effort; the true churches were too few in number, and there was no moral capital left to be squeezed out of the electorate. Our only recourse is to double-down on what has always been our first priority – evangelism and discipleship.
Scripture References: Acts 19:20; 1 Samuel 17:42; 1 Samuel 18:7; 2 Samuel 14:25; 1 Timothy 4:8
Similar Programs on the Topic of Christian Activism
- #96 Evangelical Pastors Civic Outreach
- #1 - We Win
- #84 "Building God's Country
- Radio Program #464 – Who are the Rioters – Part 2
- #100 Encouraging Those Who Grieve
- YouTube #135 – Who are the Rioters – Part 2
- Radio Program #462 - In God We Trust, Not Trump
- #190 America is Gone! Let's Quit?
- #163 Titus 3
- YouTube #20 When to Overthrow Government