Continuing this week in another issue subsumed under the Doctrines of Civil Government, I take on Jesus’ command in Matthew 5:39, “Do not resist evil.” Luther begins his Treatise on civil government, “Temporal Authority: To What Extent it Should Be Obeyed,” with his two Kingdom explanation for Matthew 5:39. I conclude by pointing out Luther’s tendency to be sloppy in his theological statements and the fallout from his perspectives on the church and state.
Similar Programs on the Topic of Doctrine of Civil Government
- #66 The Great Deception: The Secular State"
- Radio Program #396 - Do Not Resist Evil and the Two Kingdom Doctrine
- #43 Why the Moral Decline?
- #93 "When Vileness is Exalted"
- Radio Program #391 - Yes, We Believe in a Theocracy
- Radio Program #400 -Frenchism vs. Ahmarism (Pluralism vs. God’s law)
- #115 Civil Government Lesson #2
- YouTube #78 – Frenchism vs. Ahmarism (Pluralism vs. God’s law)
- #9 Biblical law
- #163 Titus 3