Continuing this week in another issue subsumed under the Doctrines of Civil Government, I take on Jesus’ command in Matthew 5:39, “Do not resist evil.” Luther begins his Treatise on civil government, “Temporal Authority: To What Extent it Should Be Obeyed,” with his two Kingdom explanation for Matthew 5:39. I conclude by pointing out Luther’s tendency to be sloppy in his theological statements and the fallout from his perspectives on the church and state.
Similar Programs on the Topic of Doctrine of Civil Government
- Radio Program #400 -Frenchism vs. Ahmarism (Pluralism vs. God’s law)
- #247 Freedom of Religion Part 2
- #355 Honor the President
- #121 Civil Government Lesson #5
- #53 The Only Hope
- #43 Why the Moral Decline?
- #264 Starting a New Country
- Radio Program #396 - Do Not Resist Evil and the Two Kingdom Doctrine
- #124 Civil Government #6
- YouTube #74 - Which O.T. Laws Apply Today?