Continuing this week in another issue subsumed under the Doctrines of Civil Government, I take on Jesus’ command in Matthew 5:39, “Do not resist evil.” Luther begins his Treatise on civil government, “Temporal Authority: To What Extent it Should Be Obeyed,” with his two Kingdom explanation for Matthew 5:39. I conclude by pointing out Luther’s tendency to be sloppy in his theological statements and the fallout from his perspectives on the church and state.
Similar Programs on the Topic of Doctrine of Civil Government
- Radio Program #402 - Liberty Defined
- YouTube #151 – The Theology of Overthrowing Government
- #248 Freedom of Religion Part3
- #247 Freedom of Religion Part 2
- YouTube #79 - Liberty Defined
- Radio Program #396 - Do Not Resist Evil and the Two Kingdom Doctrine
- #52 Civil Government
- #66 The Great Deception: The Secular State"
- #124 Civil Government #6
- #160 Pilgrims & The Christian State