YouTube #73 – Do Not Resist Evil and The Two Kingdom Doctrine
May 31, 2019
Continuing this week in another issue subsumed under the Doctrines of Civil Government, I take on Jesus’ command in Matthew 5:39, “Do not resist evil.” Luther begins his Treatise on civil government, “Temporal Authority: To What Extent it Should Be Obeyed,” with his two Kingdom explanation for Matthew 5:39. I conclude by pointing out Luther’s tendency to be sloppy in his theological statements and the fallout from his perspectives on the church and state.
Similar Programs on the Topic of Doctrine of Civil Government
- #264 Starting a New Country
- YouTube #74 - Which O.T. Laws Apply Today?
- #52 Civil Government
- #43 Why the Moral Decline?
- #163 Titus 3
- #93 "When Vileness is Exalted"
- Radio Program #400 -Frenchism vs. Ahmarism (Pluralism vs. God’s law)
- #97 Civil Government Lesson #1
- Radio Program #482 – The Theology of Overthrowing Government
- Radio Program #391 - Yes, We Believe in a Theocracy