Continuing this week in another issue subsumed under the Doctrines of Civil Government, I take on Jesus’ command in Matthew 5:39, “Do not resist evil.” Luther begins his Treatise on civil government, “Temporal Authority: To What Extent it Should Be Obeyed,” with his two Kingdom explanation for Matthew 5:39. I conclude by pointing out Luther’s tendency to be sloppy in his theological statements and the fallout from his perspectives on the church and state.
Similar Programs on the Topic of Doctrine of Civil Government
- #179 The Romans 13 Controversy
- YouTube #79 - Liberty Defined
- #53 The Only Hope
- YouTube #78 – Frenchism vs. Ahmarism (Pluralism vs. God’s law)
- #247 Freedom of Religion Part 2
- #124 Civil Government #6
- #121 Civil Government Lesson #5
- YouTube #74 - Which O.T. Laws Apply Today?
- #66 The Great Deception: The Secular State"
- #163 Titus 3