Continuing this week in another issue subsumed under the Doctrines of Civil Government, I take on Jesus’ command in Matthew 5:39, “Do not resist evil.” Luther begins his Treatise on civil government, “Temporal Authority: To What Extent it Should Be Obeyed,” with his two Kingdom explanation for Matthew 5:39. I conclude by pointing out Luther’s tendency to be sloppy in his theological statements and the fallout from his perspectives on the church and state.
Similar Programs on the Topic of Doctrine of Civil Government
- #179 The Romans 13 Controversy
- YouTube #78 – Frenchism vs. Ahmarism (Pluralism vs. God’s law)
- YouTube #40 Honor the President
- Radio Program #396 - Do Not Resist Evil and the Two Kingdom Doctrine
- #93 "When Vileness is Exalted"
- #6 Honor the King
- #97 Civil Government Lesson #1
- #9 Biblical law
- #66 The Great Deception: The Secular State"
- #263 The Influence of the President