Continuing this week in another issue subsumed under the Doctrines of Civil Government, I take on Jesus’ command in Matthew 5:39, “Do not resist evil.” Luther begins his Treatise on civil government, “Temporal Authority: To What Extent it Should Be Obeyed,” with his two Kingdom explanation for Matthew 5:39. I conclude by pointing out Luther’s tendency to be sloppy in his theological statements and the fallout from his perspectives on the church and state.
Similar Programs on the Topic of Doctrine of Civil Government
- #66 The Great Deception: The Secular State"
- #124 Civil Government #6
- #43 Why the Moral Decline?
- YouTube #79 - Liberty Defined
- #264 Starting a New Country
- #355 Honor the President
- #121 Civil Government Lesson #5
- #97 Civil Government Lesson #1
- YouTube #74 - Which O.T. Laws Apply Today?
- #248 Freedom of Religion Part3