Continuing this week in another issue subsumed under the Doctrines of Civil Government, I take on Jesus’ command in Matthew 5:39, “Do not resist evil.” Luther begins his Treatise on civil government, “Temporal Authority: To What Extent it Should Be Obeyed,” with his two Kingdom explanation for Matthew 5:39. I conclude by pointing out Luther’s tendency to be sloppy in his theological statements and the fallout from his perspectives on the church and state.
Similar Programs on the Topic of Doctrine of Civil Government
- YouTube #40 Honor the President
- #66 The Great Deception: The Secular State"
- #120 Civil Government Lesson #4
- YouTube #73 - Do Not Resist Evil and The Two Kingdom Doctrine
- Radio Program #402 - Liberty Defined
- #160 Pilgrims & The Christian State
- #93 "When Vileness is Exalted"
- Radio Program #409 My Theology of Politics
- Radio Program #391 - Yes, We Believe in a Theocracy
- #6 Honor the King