Continuing this week in another issue subsumed under the Doctrines of Civil Government, I take on Jesus’ command in Matthew 5:39, “Do not resist evil.” Luther begins his Treatise on civil government, “Temporal Authority: To What Extent it Should Be Obeyed,” with his two Kingdom explanation for Matthew 5:39. I conclude by pointing out Luther’s tendency to be sloppy in his theological statements and the fallout from his perspectives on the church and state.
Similar Programs on the Topic of Doctrine of Civil Government
- Radio Program #391 - Yes, We Believe in a Theocracy
- #119 Civil Government Lesson #3
- #179 The Romans 13 Controversy
- Radio Program #409 My Theology of Politics
- YouTube #79 - Liberty Defined
- #160 Pilgrims & The Christian State
- #43 Why the Moral Decline?
- #66 The Great Deception: The Secular State"
- #53 The Only Hope
- #264 Starting a New Country