Continuing this week in another issue subsumed under the Doctrines of Civil Government, I take on Jesus’ command in Matthew 5:39, “Do not resist evil.” Luther begins his Treatise on civil government, “Temporal Authority: To What Extent it Should Be Obeyed,” with his two Kingdom explanation for Matthew 5:39. I conclude by pointing out Luther’s tendency to be sloppy in his theological statements and the fallout from his perspectives on the church and state.
Similar Programs on the Topic of Doctrine of Civil Government
- #119 Civil Government Lesson #3
- Radio Program #409 My Theology of Politics
- #264 Starting a New Country
- #355 Honor the President
- Radio Program #402 - Liberty Defined
- #43 Why the Moral Decline?
- YouTube #151 – The Theology of Overthrowing Government
- #97 Civil Government Lesson #1
- #6 Honor the King
- #247 Freedom of Religion Part 2