Continuing this week in another issue subsumed under the Doctrines of Civil Government, I take on Jesus’ command in Matthew 5:39, “Do not resist evil.” Luther begins his Treatise on civil government, “Temporal Authority: To What Extent it Should Be Obeyed,” with his two Kingdom explanation for Matthew 5:39. I conclude by pointing out Luther’s tendency to be sloppy in his theological statements and the fallout from his perspectives on the church and state.
Similar Programs on the Topic of Doctrine of Civil Government
- Radio Program #395 - Which O.T. Laws Apply Today?
- Radio Program #400 -Frenchism vs. Ahmarism (Pluralism vs. God’s law)
- #53 The Only Hope
- #124 Civil Government #6
- #264 Starting a New Country
- #242 Freedom of Religion Part 1
- Radio Program #402 - Liberty Defined
- #248 Freedom of Religion Part3
- YouTube #79 - Liberty Defined
- YouTube #73 - Do Not Resist Evil and The Two Kingdom Doctrine