Continuing this week in another issue subsumed under the Doctrines of Civil Government, I take on Jesus’ command in Matthew 5:39, “Do not resist evil.” Luther begins his Treatise on civil government, “Temporal Authority: To What Extent it Should Be Obeyed,” with his two Kingdom explanation for Matthew 5:39. I conclude by pointing out Luther’s tendency to be sloppy in his theological statements and the fallout from his perspectives on the church and state.
Similar Programs on the Topic of Doctrine of Civil Government
- Radio Program #395 - Which O.T. Laws Apply Today?
- #43 Why the Moral Decline?
- YouTube #78 – Frenchism vs. Ahmarism (Pluralism vs. God’s law)
- Radio Program #409 My Theology of Politics
- #6 Honor the King
- #355 Honor the President
- #242 Freedom of Religion Part 1
- #115 Civil Government Lesson #2
- #179 The Romans 13 Controversy
- #248 Freedom of Religion Part3