Continuing this week in another issue subsumed under the Doctrines of Civil Government, I take on Jesus’ command in Matthew 5:39, “Do not resist evil.” Luther begins his Treatise on civil government, “Temporal Authority: To What Extent it Should Be Obeyed,” with his two Kingdom explanation for Matthew 5:39. I conclude by pointing out Luther’s tendency to be sloppy in his theological statements and the fallout from his perspectives on the church and state.
Similar Programs on the Topic of Doctrine of Civil Government
- #121 Civil Government Lesson #5
- Radio Program #391 - Yes, We Believe in a Theocracy
- #263 The Influence of the President
- YouTube #74 - Which O.T. Laws Apply Today?
- #97 Civil Government Lesson #1
- Radio Program #402 - Liberty Defined
- #9 Biblical law
- #163 Titus 3
- #355 Honor the President
- #248 Freedom of Religion Part3