Continuing this week in another issue subsumed under the Doctrines of Civil Government, I take on Jesus’ command in Matthew 5:39, “Do not resist evil.” Luther begins his Treatise on civil government, “Temporal Authority: To What Extent it Should Be Obeyed,” with his two Kingdom explanation for Matthew 5:39. I conclude by pointing out Luther’s tendency to be sloppy in his theological statements and the fallout from his perspectives on the church and state.
Similar Programs on the Topic of Doctrine of Civil Government
- #66 The Great Deception: The Secular State"
- #43 Why the Moral Decline?
- #6 Honor the King
- #120 Civil Government Lesson #4
- #119 Civil Government Lesson #3
- #9 Biblical law
- #97 Civil Government Lesson #1
- Radio Program #409 My Theology of Politics
- #160 Pilgrims & The Christian State
- Radio Program #395 - Which O.T. Laws Apply Today?