Continuing this week in another issue subsumed under the Doctrines of Civil Government, I take on Jesus’ command in Matthew 5:39, “Do not resist evil.” Luther begins his Treatise on civil government, “Temporal Authority: To What Extent it Should Be Obeyed,” with his two Kingdom explanation for Matthew 5:39. I conclude by pointing out Luther’s tendency to be sloppy in his theological statements and the fallout from his perspectives on the church and state.
Similar Programs on the Topic of Doctrine of Civil Government
- #6 Honor the King
- YouTube #74 - Which O.T. Laws Apply Today?
- #160 Pilgrims & The Christian State
- #119 Civil Government Lesson #3
- Radio Program #400 -Frenchism vs. Ahmarism (Pluralism vs. God’s law)
- #124 Civil Government #6
- #248 Freedom of Religion Part3
- #52 Civil Government
- #263 The Influence of the President
- #247 Freedom of Religion Part 2