Synopsis: Program #119 – “Civil Government Lesson #3 – Natural and Written Law
Program #119 is getting back to the 12-week series on the Biblical doctrines of Civil Government. The second lesson addressed the law of God as being the foundation of national policy. This third lesson answers the question: “Where is the law of God found – in nature or in the Bible?” Also is the law of nature, as Jefferson described in the Declaration of Independence, a sufficient guide for a nation?
If we use the Bible as a guide, which parts of the Bible apply? One of the main objections from secularists against using the Bible in public policy is the requirement of the Mosaic law. I reference President Obama’s famous 2006 speech to Sojourners where he asserted that America cannot use the Bible for public policy; otherwise the state would have to outlaw shellfish. It’s a silly argument, I know, but we have to make the effort to answer the argument even though we know it is a ruse. The remaining objections to using the Bible in public policy are covered in next week’s program, Lesson #4.
Scriptures Referenced: Romans 2:14-15; 1 Timothy 4:2; Acts 10; Galatians 4:3; Hebrews 9:9-10; Isaiah 24:5-6; Romans 13; Acts 25:11
Similar Programs on the Topic of Doctrine of Civil Government
- YouTube #151 – The Theology of Overthrowing Government
- #66 The Great Deception: The Secular State"
- Radio Program #400 -Frenchism vs. Ahmarism (Pluralism vs. God’s law)
- #179 The Romans 13 Controversy
- Radio Program #396 - Do Not Resist Evil and the Two Kingdom Doctrine
- #160 Pilgrims & The Christian State
- #9 Biblical law
- #163 Titus 3
- Radio Program #391 - Yes, We Believe in a Theocracy
- #263 The Influence of the President