Program #263 “The Influence of the President” – 11/13/2016 – Synopsis
The alternative title to this week’s program could be “The Election is Over – Now What?” I hate to disappoint, but the morals of our country haven’t been changed one iota due to the election; the election only showed what we were all along. Furthermore, the moral direction of our country is determined more by 300 million Americans than by one man (or woman) in the White House. Therefore, Christians need to continue to do what we are called to do – the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20).
Since most of the program covers Biblical teachings about both the insignificance and the importance of the king, I have chosen the academic sounding title, “The Influence of the President.” The program is a good education in the balance Christians ought to have between politics and grass roots, personal morality.
I recorded this program for November 13th on November 7th. My original plan was to record the program after the election in order to provide current commentary, but it dawned on me that my Biblical counsel and observations will be the same whether Clinton or Trump wins the election. Fortunately, truth is still truth no matter who is living at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
Scripture References: Micah 6:16; Daniel 7:25; Hosea 5:11; 1 Samuel 12:13-15; Isaiah 6:11-12; 2 Chronicles 28:19; Proverbs 16:15, 20:8,26, 29:4, Ecclesiastes 5:9, 10:16-17; Isaiah 9:7; 1 Timothy 4:8, 1 Corinthians 7:14; Ecclesiastes 7:18; Matthew 28:19-20; Matthew 16:18; Revelation 7:9
Similar Programs on the Topic of Doctrine of Civil Government
- YouTube #73 - Do Not Resist Evil and The Two Kingdom Doctrine
- #179 The Romans 13 Controversy
- Radio Program #400 -Frenchism vs. Ahmarism (Pluralism vs. God’s law)
- #52 Civil Government
- Radio Program #391 - Yes, We Believe in a Theocracy
- YouTube #79 - Liberty Defined
- #66 The Great Deception: The Secular State"
- Radio Program #402 - Liberty Defined
- YouTube #78 – Frenchism vs. Ahmarism (Pluralism vs. God’s law)
- Radio Program #409 My Theology of Politics