Given all of the current news, it is a good time to once again look into the doctrines of Civil Disobedience. I cover some Biblical examples where God calls His people to take down corrupt government (Hebrews 11:33 – “Who by Faith conquered kingdoms”). But we also have the command in Romans 13 to be subject to even corrupt government. I explain the exceptions to Romans 13 – the Doctrine of Lesser Magistrates. I also cover the philosophy in our Declaration of Independence. I conclude with a number of Biblical thoughts about our current relationship with the Federal Government.
Similar Programs on the Topic of Christian Activism
- #56 Hide for a Little While
- #496 – The Political vs. The Spiritual solution
- #97 Civil Government Lesson #1
- YouTube #73 - Do Not Resist Evil and The Two Kingdom Doctrine
- Radio Program #409 My Theology of Politics
- #119 Civil Government Lesson #3
- #52 Civil Government
- YouTube #95 – Does Evangelical Support for Trump Damage the Gospel?
- #93 "When Vileness is Exalted"
- #6 Honor the King