Program #181 “Reviving
America” – 5/19/2015 – Synopsis
Program 181 is the beginning of a two-part series on the Biblical theology of national revival. On this subject, what the Bible says vs. what religious people say are often in contradiction. Let’s not hypothesize about revival in American without going to Biblical theology, particularly, the doctrine of man, sin, God, salvation and eschatology.
I explain how the two opposing views of salvation (Calvinism vs Arminianism) affect how Christians view national revival. Is it a work produced by man’s efforts, or is it a work of grace? Using the example of Jeremiah, I explain that the goal is not the saving of America but the building up of the Kingdom of God. God told Jeremiah not to pray for the continuance of Israel because the salvation of souls would come only by national collapse and exile.
The promise of 2 Chronicles 7:14 that God will heal the land, does not guarantee immediate deliverance but ultimately finds its fulfillment in the eternal city for which Abraham sought.
Scripture References: Habakkuk 2:1; Ephesians 2:1-3, 4:16-17; Jeremiah 13:23; John 10:27; Romans 9:15; Acts 13:48; Daniel 2:44; 2 Kings 23:26; Jeremiah 7:16. 11:14, 14:11; Ezekiel 14:12-14; 2 Chronicles 7:14
Similar Programs on the Topic of Christian Activism
- #280 The Syrian Refugee Crisis
- YouTube #151 – The Theology of Overthrowing Government
- Radio Program #462 - In God We Trust, Not Trump
- #163 Titus 3
- #284 The Benedict Option Heresy
- YouTube #95 – Does Evangelical Support for Trump Damage the Gospel?
- #238 You Will Be Made to Care - Book Review
- #555 (Video 218) Democrats, Republicans, and The Christians
- YouTube #20 When to Overthrow Government
- #135 Secession from the Union