Program #185 “Civil Disobedience – Leaving” – 5/17/2015 – Synopsis
Program #185 is the beginning of a month-long series about the Christian practice of civil disobedience. A number of Evangelical leaders have called upon the Christian community to practice civil disobedience if the Supreme Court legalizes homosexual marriage.
Therefore, this is a very necessary study as the Christian community in America
will be asking many questions about civil disobedience – who, what, when, where and how?
I am already hearing error in regards to civil disobedience from those who are urging believers to take up arms against the state. That would be a fatal mistake, which would ruin the testimony and effectiveness of the Christian witness for decades.
I begin the study with the topic of leaving – the method and impact of voting with your feet. Although this is not the typical way to begin a formal study of the doctrine of civil disobedience, it is an overlooked aspect that needs to be seriously practiced.
Scriptures Referenced: Mathew 10:13-14; Mark 6:11; Luke 10:10-11; Luke 9:53; John 4:45; Acts 8:1, 12:17, 13:4-51, 14:6,20, 18:6; 2 Corinthians 11:3-33; Matthew 24:9-14, 10:37-39; John 4:20-21; Psalm 13:5-6; Acts 1:8; Psalm 34:22
Similar Programs on the Topic of Civil Disobedience
- #188 Civil Disobedience #4 Bake Me a Cake or Else
- YouTube #151 – The Theology of Overthrowing Government
- #55 Civil Disobedience
- #189 Civil Disobedience #5 Speak Up
- #187 Civil Disobedience #3 - What Can the Righteous Do?
- 516 (Video 183) – The Vaccine Mandate
- #186 Civil Disobedience #2 - More on Leaving
- Radio Program #482 – The Theology of Overthrowing Government