Program #187 “Civil Disobedience 3 – What Can the Righteous Do?” – 5/31/2015 – Synopsis
“If the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do?” (Psalm 11) Civil disobedience is just one of many answers to the question, “How are Christians supposed to respond to evil?” I begin Program #187 with an exposition of Psalm 11, followed by three radical truths about the legalization of homosexual marriage and accommodation:
(1) The government’s support of homosexual marriage is actually a punishment on homosexuals and supporters, for to be given over to one’s sin and its consequences is a judgment of God.
(2) The government’s support for homosexual rights will eventually bring to light the true behavior of homosexuals’ and expose the lie of the gay lifestyle.
(3) The government’s support of homosexuality is temporary. Sin cannot continue in a nation for very long.
I then define the practice of civil disobedience in comparison to the new secular view of civil disobedience. Civil disobedience is doing righteousness. It is non-violent action, or a non-violent refusal to act. The classic example is given in Acts 5:29.
Scriptures Referenced: Psalm 11; Philippians 1:28; Isaiah 30:15; Psalm 9:15; Genesis 19; Judges 19; Psalm 92:6-7; Isaiah 8:21-22; Romans 12:20; Acts 5:29; Acts 4:19; 1 Timothy 5:22; Ephesians 5:7;
1 Peter 2:21-23
Similar Programs on the Topic of Civil Disobedience
- #186 Civil Disobedience #2 - More on Leaving
- Radio Program #482 – The Theology of Overthrowing Government
- #188 Civil Disobedience #4 Bake Me a Cake or Else
- YouTube #151 – The Theology of Overthrowing Government
- #55 Civil Disobedience
- 516 (Video 183) – The Vaccine Mandate
- #185 Civil Disobedience #1 - Leaving
- #189 Civil Disobedience #5 Speak Up