Program #199 “Liberal Optimism” – 8/23/2015 – Synopsis
Included in every temptation to violate God’s law is the promise of a brighter future. In the political realm, secular liberalism promises social utopia, as did Communism. But this is a lie, and this is the subject of Program #199. If you sow the wind, you will reap the whirlwind (Hosea 8:7).
The Left does not believe legalized abortion will end in disrespect for all life. They do not believe homosexuality and gender liquidity will hurt children and result in the proliferation of all sorts of perversions. They do not believe rights must come from God in order for freedom to exist. They do not believe disparaging America’s founders and founding principles will end in blood flowing in the streets.
“A liberal is one who believes he can pull out the root and still have the flower.”
In the words of Thomas Jefferson, “And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the gift of God?”
In the words of the Prophet Jeremiah quoting the false prophet, “You will not see the sword nor will you have famine, but I will give you lasting peace in this place” (Jer. 14:13).
In the words of Satan, “You surely shall not die” (Gen. 3:4).
Scriptures Referenced: Luke 15;Proverbs 7:7; Jeremiah 5:12, 6:14, 8:11, 14:13, 23:17; Ezekiel 13:10-14; Galatians 6:8; 2 Peter 2;12;Genesis 19; Judges 19; Deuteronomy 29:18; 2 Peter 2:19
Similar Programs on the Topic of Liberalism
- Radio Program #411 - Postmodernism vs Free Speech
- #222 Liberalism's Support for Islam
- #169 Autonomy & Compassion
- #72 "Equality, Envy, Egalitarianism"
- YouTube #135 – Who are the Rioters – Part 2
- #304 The Alternative Right
- #219 Liberalism Hurts People
- #85 "Shifting Blame, Shirking Responsibility"
- YouTube #28 The Unsaved Moral Conservative
- The Foundations of Liberalism and Conservatism